MASA Fills the Gaps Left by Your Health Insurance
Don’t Leave Yourself Exposed
Emergency transportation is extremely expensive and if your provider is out-of-network, you become responsible for a majority of the bill. Recently, The New York Times reported that 51% of all ground ambulance rides result in out-of-network charges. Essentially, that means you have a 50/50 chance of being billed thousands of dollars after an emergency… And that’s not even including your copay or deductible.
Get the Protection You Deserve
MASA Members enjoy full coverage and peace of mind when it comes to emergency transportation. No matter where you are, what happens or why you need help, we take the bill and leave you with a $0 balance.
6 Truths About Emergency Transportation
- The #1 cause of bankruptcy is unpaid medical bills.
- 1 out of 10 people will make an emergency call every year.
- The most common claim we see is for ground ambulance trips within 20 miles
- Emergency transport costs are continually on the rise.
- Medicare makes a distinction between medical necessity and medical emergency when deciding whether or not to cover your emergency transportation.
- The older you get, the more likely you are to use emergency services.
Most people aren’t aware of how insufficient their coverage is until it’s too late. Unfortunately, accidents do happen and they can place huge financial burdens on your family. To identify the current gaps in your coverage, we recommend scheduling a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our knowledgeable representatives. They’ll walk you through the options and help figure out which MASA Membership best fits your needs.